Balmer Lawrie is the largest manufacturer of MS Drums in India and is the market leader in the industry with over 40% market share. The leadership position is further accentuated owing to the service orientation of our team and the geographical spread of our manufacturing facilities.
Strategic Business Unit (SBU): Industrial Packaging (IP) manufactures MS Plain drums, Internally Coated drums, Composite drums, Tall drums, Necked-in drums, Conical drums, GI drums and Open Headed drums.
We have 6 manufacturing units across the country including a state-of-the-art High Throughput Plant at Taloja, Navi Mumbai. Our customer segments include PSU Oil, MNC Oil, Local Oil, Transformer Oil, Chemicals, Additives, Agrochemicals, Bitumen and Bitumen emulsion, Food & Fruit Pulp companies and Exports.
The company has a multi locational manufacturing base with factories in:
- Taloja - Navi Mumbai
The Technology & Product Development Centre plays a pivotal role in enabling quality up gradation, product innovation & diversification keeping pace with changing technology.
We offer UN certified products and can also deliver drums confirming to BIS or specific customer specifications.
We also undertake value chain services such as supply of drums, filling and transportation. We operate in the Semi-Bulk packaging industry and offer products such as the 156 / 200 / 210/250 liters capacity MS drums.
Our technology tie-ups, advanced manufacturing, stringent quality control and distributed manufacturing infrastructure make us an attractive and convenient sourcing destination for a wide variety of packaging solutions.
We strongly believe in environment conservation and hence we have implemented:
- Zero Liquid Discharge
- Plant design as per IGBC norms
- Rainwater harvesting
- Usage of Piped Natural Gas
- Fume extraction and ventilation system
- In house solar power generation as an alternate energy resource
Balmer Lawrie has two joint ventures in this domain:
- Balmer Lawrie - Van Leer Ltd. in India which was formed in 1993 and manufactures steel drum closures and plastic containers. Van Leer Industries was acquired by Greif Inc. Corporation headquartered in Delaware, Ohio; USA and then partnered with BL in BLVL. Greif Inc. Corporation is a global leader in industrial containers and products
- Balmer Lawrie [UAE] LLC, at UAE which was formed in 1978. BLUAE, a pioneering container manufacturing company in the Arabian Gulf, is a manufacturer of steel drums, tin and plastic containers of different capacities. The major user industries it caters to include lubricants, chemicals, paints, edible oils and ghee industries. BL (UAE) is a market leader in the packaging industry